Post here Suggestions that could make the tool “better”.
submit to reddit

• @vernam7 How about sorting of maps by number of players supported?

Anonymous
    218.248.64.xxx
  • Seeder@vernam7 How about sorting of maps by number of players supported?

i would like this but its a small problem here

if i use the new treelike folders i have in the replays section for showing the maps, i cant sort it there by a setting that is neither the filename or size or extension etc...

i would need extra work to make this look nice and working in the new folder tree grid! a seperate column possible named "Players" and in this the number of player the map (after reading it) supports, then this can be easily sorted ;-)

on the otherhand if i keep the current map list style its eaier to do that kind of sorthing but, i dont like it anymore i would like to go to the treelist style ;-)

so i will do it even its more work.
    tnx added to the list

This Business Is Binary. You are a 1 or a 0. Alive or Dead.- Play SC2 Offline with StarTCraft Loader: http://adf.ly/M0bMj
    Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • Actually......... i more like if scallin1 .. is like if we play single player skirmish....so have a more good visual... just idea anyway

• DarkProtossActually......... i more like if scallin1 .. is like if we play single player skirmish....so have a more good visual... just idea anyway

scalable UI is extreamly hard to be achieved by using FLASH and the existed code, possible but will take forever,
    but a WPF application that i have started months ago is still in early alpha stage and could give the user they are looking for, a fullscreen interface more dark and scalable to all fonts to give you the feelling you are ingame actually ;-)
    also th existed code is 95% workable.

still thought such a UserInterface requires a lot more resources that a standar windows application, speciall aa very good vga and lots of ram in your system.

but the most annoying part is the font cleartype effect that cant be disabled totaly and gives you a bluer you dont want notice very carefully the following image the font i not 100% sharp! ;-)
    you have to play with your VGA settings aswell to get more clear fonts :( who the fruck thought that was cool in microsoft?
    the rendering should be perfect not blury.

This Business Is Binary. You are a 1 or a 0. Alive or Dead.- Play SC2 Offline with StarTCraft Loader: http://adf.ly/M0bMj
    Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • Dear vernam7, would it be possible for you to make the replays generated by the game (when started with the launcher) work on another machine?

A friend mailed me a replay and it wouldn't open. (Unable to load map).

Is it required to send the 10MB files from the Maps/sc2allin1 along with the replay file? Because it's pretty annoying to have to ask people to send me mails with 10MB attachments.

PS I'm working on the custom AI EagleAI: www.eagleai.net

Anonymous
    95.36.45.xxx
  • MTopsDear vernam7, would it be possible for you to make the replays generated by the game (when started with the launcher) work on another machine?

A friend mailed me a replay and it wouldn't open. (Unable to load map).

Is it required to send the 10MB files from the Maps/sc2allin1 along with the replay file? Because it's pretty annoying to have to ask people to send me mails with 10MB attachments.

PS I'm working on the custom AI EagleAI: www.eagleai.net

fro the allin1+custom ai replay to load you have to have the map this guy plaied! the map has a new uniqe name into the directory you mentioned, one map only and the replay file shouldnt be 10mb! also a zip compression works super ;-)

this is 100% needed when you play with custom ai!

Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • Now that I think about it, I understand why you would need the extra map file.

But they really are 10mb in size. They all are. For every test game I run, the launcher creates a 10mb file.
    I have already deleted everything from before November 1st, and I have 13Gb of map files in that folder again.

And I have tried zipping/rarring that map file, but it doesn't help much (maybe 5%)

Anonymous
    95.36.45.xxx
  • MTopsNow that I think about it, I understand why you would need the extra map file.

But they really are 10mb in size. They all are. For every test game I run, the launcher creates a 10mb file.
    I have already deleted everything from before November 1st, and I have 13Gb of map files in that folder again.

And I have tried zipping/rarring that map file, but it doesn't help much (maybe 5%)

this turns into a issue topic (and this is not the place)so to wrap it up, its allbout how big the map file originally is!
    what custom AI do you implay in it to play your games
    the temp folder as i said over teh chnagelog history its something people sould keep track and delete those not needed.

unfortunatly this is the only way to have cutom ai and replays working independly to every system what ever ai or game version they have and be trully portable!

there is an alternative that i was using months before but this modifies originally game files and results shown that users were unable to handle this kind of stuff! they founded too complex!

we will see in the future.
    for me a 5 MB map with Custom Ai and replay after a hight cmpression ends up arround 40-50% less in size thought.

i will keep in mind for an alternative thought if possible in the future

Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • how about support for the larger maps like the one that have up to 12 player slots?

Anonymous
    24.34.241.xxx
  • Hello,

I was wondering if a feature could be added so that more AI could be added to a map. for example, one of the most popular maps on sc2.nibbits.com is Shanghai Night, and its 12 player. i was dissapointed to find out that i could only play it with 8 on sc2allin1.

this is an amazing tool, keep up the great work!

Private
    Battle.net
    Name:
    batlgor247@yahoo.com
    Realm:
    North America
  • more than 8 slots needs more work, sure its possible thought with enought Time everything is possible :P

Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • true true lol. maybe a button to add/remove competitors from the list? i guess its not that much of a priority, but it would be cool! :)

Private
    Battle.net
    Name:
    batlgor247@yahoo.com
    Realm:
    North America
  • galinntrue true lol. maybe a button to add/remove competitors from the list? i guess its not that much of a priority, but it would be cool! :)

to be honest what is a priority to me now is to get some funding on this by donations! it costs me a lot in time and money to maintain and i get back almost nothing! :(

i need some good donations soon to keep this alive and updated. if i reach 300$ would be nice for this year. its 10$ from 30 people and if you think that this tool has globally more than 3million downloads and honestly my donations last year was 50$ its sad! unfortunately its all about balance in the end!

Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • my opinions about what to add

a edit map button that auto opens map editor and loads the map for editing
    a button that opens a map for mpq editing (the stuff u do to change minerals to 99999999)
    an option that closes the launcher after it launches sc2
    a button that sorts the list of maps based on the what the user wants like by name, modified, ...
    a way to rename/delete map files in the launcher
    a server to download maps from
    a way to save custom settings, like sometimes i want to play with 8 ai's or just 1, do i have to set up everything for facing 8 cpu's (with more specific settings), no i can just load a save file, and everything is all set, so i can just launch sc2
    resizable ui
    a button to open up the windows explorer sc2 maps directory and/or the main sc2 install directory for easy access, instead of manually navigating to it which is annoying
    add a feedback button, so the comment can be auto mailed to you - easier then posting here
    FOR FUN - add a random button, when you click it, it auto randomly picks a map, random amount of cpu, random difficulty for each cpu, random everything settings etc etc.
    add a dot button that when u click it minimizes to system tray

i think that should be good for now

Anonymous
    99.253.182.xxx
  • you_know.....my opinions about what to add

my opinions about what to add

a edit map button that auto opens map editor and loads the map for editing
    nice idea
    a button that opens a map for mpq editing (the stuff u do to change minerals to 99999999)
    bad idea
    an option that closes the launcher after it launches sc2
    i cant see its use but easy
    a button that sorts the list of maps based on the what the user wants like by name, modified, ...
    allready in new version
    a way to rename/delete map files in the launcher
    allready in current and in new version (right click)
    a server to download maps from
    allready in next version
    a way to save custom settings, like sometimes i want to play with 8 ai's or just 1, do i have to set up everything for facing 8 cpu's (with more specific settings), no i can just load a save file, and everything is all set, so i can just launch sc2
    allready improved in next version
    resizable ui
    in the future maybe if money and time allows it i will make it WPF
    a button to open up the windows explorer sc2 maps directory and/or the main sc2 install directory for easy access, instead of manually navigating to it which is annoying
    allready in current version
    add a feedback button, so the comment can be auto mailed to you - easier then posting here
    bad idea emailing, i will thought think of somehting similar
    FOR FUN - add a random button, when you click it, it auto randomly picks a map, random amount of cpu, random difficulty for each cpu, random everything settings etc etc.
    allready in new version "Random War" mode
    add a dot button that when u click it minimizes to system tray
    good idea will be in next verion

Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • some more...

Vernam7i will replay in the same msg here with bold under each proposal

a way to edit the map description as seen under the map picture, from the launcher
    edit and be saved you mean i guess, why you need that? use the map editor
    an option to start it every time windows boots up
    accepted for future start windows just to play starcraft lol i like it
    check for updates button
    its there since verion 1 cant you see it? over the info button down left
    add some themes for it, like a tab for changing the skin of the launcher to some built in ones, or u can just download some new skins from the map server ( which also have skins for some reason )
    i thing you havent use the sc2allin1 more than 3mins thats why i see proposals that are allready there. there are three skins just hover over the sc2logo and see.
    an option to change ui font color/style/size
    bad idea
    also, a rating feature, if this is possible:
    each map file has some unique way to defferentiate it from other map files, so when seeing the maps in the launcher, it sends data to the map server and retrieves the statistics of the map, like the rating 1-5 stars, and displays them in the launcher, so when i download a zip file with 20 maps, and load them into the launcher i can right away see the ratings for the map, and maybe user comments about it...
    that was something an other launcher was doing, i dint like the idea because rating a map its pointless, what i love you may hate so whats the point? i would also like to keep the web traffic at minimum a rating system can be made but will eat more bandwith and to be made needs workhours that could be spend in my secret project better :P
    beside the cup/human race icon pic, add numbers so the last one will be like
    8. computer insane random ...etc
    when i make changes to the ui for 12-16 players and have more space then i will also add infrom of its slot a number, nice practical idea
    also add numbering to the map file list
    with the new tree style grid i have done in v11.0.0 you dont need that you get other sorting options like players etc
    maybe an option to add background music, and an option to change it ur own music file (by path or load it in the editor)
    setup will only get "heavier for nothing
    a button to scan ur whole hard drive and load all maps that have the .sc2map extension incase u have map files scattered everywhere
    this will take for ever thought lol, but maybe i will do that, be adviced that old and bad maps will be mixed with good and new and will only cause stupid question in the support section ;-) add maps from folder is fine for now
    some hotkeys, like if u press left arrow, it switches tabs to the left/ and able to customize them
    basic windows sortkeys are allready there, customizable will not be made
    WARNING THIS MAY BE REALLY HARD TO DO
    when viewing the picture of the map in the launcher
    add a zoom option either by putting your mouse where ever on the map, then using the mouse scroll wheel, to zoom in, or by a thing u drag to zoom in, this way i can see more detail in the map
    again this is not a map editor! this is not even done by blizzard ingame menu! they only have 2 images 1small one bigger to do a small "zooming" i use the image minimap image the map allready has i cant do the map editors work and zoo in zoom out!
    a way for it to not deteced as a false positive in some antivuris's such as norton 360 v5
    impossible i cant teach antivirus that this is a trusted application the user has! you can only submit yuor self the file to norton and any other antivirus company to examine and in next version of your virus definitions will not be reported!

Anonymous
    99.253.182.xxx
    support to be able to highlight more then one map to be able to mass rename/delete
    i say rename so i can multi-rename at same time, so if i do this and name it map, then all highlighted will be names map1, map2, map3, etc
    now i am gona to the windows job? lol ok accepted for the future
    maybe a reset button to change all options the way it was before
    before what? the default settings? well maybe when i add most of those option we talked
    a reboot button to reload the launcher
    accepted for future. i am curios with all those buttons how big should the ui become? :( i will probably make a new Advanced option tab and add them all there :P
    if somehow u open another launcher, a message should come up saying its already open
    you cant open and other instance of the launcher at the same time anyway.thats how i program it. if its open get focused.
    maybe a repair installation button
    i am gona mae a new InstallSetup programm in the near future possible in v11.0.0 that will replace the self extraction, this install shield setup will alow repair and removing from control panel and start menu sortcuts and desktop sortcuts and cutom instaltion paths
    if u highlight some maps or one, there should be a way for you to send it to someone, or convert them into a .rar file to send it somewhere
    be more specific plz, send it to where? and how? mail? copy to folder? i can compress it for you but "Send it somewhere" dosnt help....so its anice idea when it will be complete ;-)
    check status of map server button
    no need for stupid buttons when all those verifications are allready coded to be executed automatically! when you try to download from the map server you will get msg about your internet status and if the server is available

thats it for now

Anonymous
    99.253.182.xxx
    when you click about this program button, it
    should include credits to people who gave the creator the ideas for some of the helpful features
    if this happens my name is actually Sneaky
    all credits are in the About section of the launcher, and all people that had work on this project are in there, unfortunatly all users just for sujestions can be added, because i will need to make a blizzard like credits then screen that will go on for ever :P you have to be choosen at least as a beta tester to get your name in the credits ;-) dont worry posts dont lie and everyone that has helped its still here!
    an undo button, so if u do something u regret, u just click undo/redo and it does whatever
    not possible this is not production application like word
    if u do add the option for description editing, add a spell check
    ..again sorry this is not office
    if its possible, add support for more than the given colors to pick from for your race
    its something we talked lots before, and i wish to stick for now to the official blizzard colors! with few ecceptions.
    FOR FUN - add a button than calculates the difficulty of the match you set up, so for example, i set up a match, then click the button, than a popup says
    [match-difficulty: 55%, so noob....] or like [good luck....you'll need it] or like [HOLY COW!]
    un professional and the G.T AI allready can give you more than that ingame ;-)
    maybe an initial setting that sets ur name, so everytime u open the launcher, it says Welcome back, Sneaky
    i will only make the players name in order to make it visible to your ingame units, to welcome you its again a little lame. but insted of player 1 you can see your name in there in the next version.
    remove duplucates button
    dublicates of what? maps? replays? saves? what? and its doublicate based on what cretiria filename? size? i dont thing so.....
    if u click on the cpu/human icon, then drag it over to another slot, it copies all info from that to the one where u released the mouse, this is faster then manually setting up 8 cpu's all with the same settings, ofcourse some settings will have to auto change like start location
    now this is a cool idea, i was thinking about doing drag drop the same way blizzard doesn to assign team but its stupid because with my launcher you have way more team options to make and drag drop will kill that, but what you sujest its really nice (if i implemente it well) to help you autofill the other slots
    specific random buttons to only change map, etc
    for now only random war mode will allow you to setup only YOUR slot and thats it the rest (game type/team if true/map/ and enemies - race location-colors-allience-difficulty all random!
    maybe animated backgrounds
    if i ever finish the WPF project i could do a lot more in a scalable UI!

ok i think this is really it

Vernam7thank you for your time friend. plz register so that you get xp and give your self a normal name and avatar later ;-) when in level 2 you may get selected for beta tester and see your name in the credits :P

Anonymous
    99.253.182.xxx
  • vernam7
    galinntrue true lol. maybe a button to add/remove competitors from the list? i guess its not that much of a priority, but it would be cool! :)

to be honest what is a priority to me now is to get some funding on this by donations! it costs me a lot in time and money to maintain and i get back almost nothing! :(

i need some good donations soon to keep this alive and updated. if i reach 300$ would be nice for this year. its 10$ from 30 people and if you think that this tool has globally more than 3million downloads and honestly my donations last year was 50$ its sad! unfortunately its all about balance in the end!

i would say that some people dont really have the resources to be donating, but some people might be interested in helping you, they do have time. you could ask for people to do something to help, like testers or what have you i dont know much about these things, but just a thought. ill donate 20 to get u started :) i wouldnt say its all about balance. i dont know why, but u might want to ask yourself why you started and are maintaining this project if its only about balance in the end to you...

Private
    Battle.net
    Name:
    batlgor247@yahoo.com
    Realm:
    North America
  • jesus thats a lot of suggestions lol u got some cool ideas!

Private
    Battle.net
    Name:
    batlgor247@yahoo.com
    Realm:
    North America
  • galinn
    vernam7
    galinntrue true lol. maybe a button to add/remove competitors from the list? i guess its not that much of a priority, but it would be cool! :)

i would say that some people dont really have the resources to be donating, but some people might be interested in helping you, they do have time. you could ask for people to do something to help, like testers or what have you i dont know much about these things, but just a thought. ill donate 20 to get u started :) i wouldnt say its all about balance. i dont know why, but u might want to ask yourself why you started and are maintaining this project if its only about balance in the end to you...

as i said this started as personal project at home and after seen a lot of craps out there and unstable launchers (specially one) or others needed a lot to do and not user friendly, i said i "can do this ten times better" :P and i released it for fan. but when the fan started to be almost like my main job specially during the beta phase or RTM release, and i had days working on that more than 16hours straight or sometimes 20hours without sleep, this is something i coulnt predict or imagine!!!

and this project from a client offline only application has started to become huge WEB application as well, for example the automatic update system and now the new map server "eat" alot of traffic traffic i couldn't imagine!

and after all i pay some server for personal and professional use and i thought "hell they could handle this" but 3.500.000downloads and trafic of thousend mbytes in dayly base cant be handle with what i had! this is something that need MONEY and TIME to develop and support!

i started this because i love starcraft and love coding and helping people doing things easier and better with my software, but there is a limit to what is FREE! i am not a "millioner" guy :P

and asking others to help, its allready done, but for example in coding is most of my work at 90% and some 10% help i was offered by some talanted people, the problem is not the coding the analysis and hwo this think works its all in my head, i cant teach that remotly! it will take more money, and i dont want untill this project is finished to give up my source code.

during the time i had offers for hosting (like nibbits) that could help me out on the expensives, but some people just disapeared or other where making money form this and ads when i didnt! so its difficult to trust someonw it will do the job right not taking advantage of your work, and mostly I will still have control of my resources and project!

the autoupdate system now for example in the 10.3.3 version doesnt work because the last guy i accepted help for hosting the patches is gone for months and i cant access the "server" he "offered" me! so i am trapped untill i change those in my next version :( and that sucks!

i want my self or people proven worth trusty to have control of this project.-

i hope you understand now.
    and your donation (when that will be) will be into good use as always trust me ;-)
    (END of OFFTOPIC) we can talk about anything in the Generals Topic over my forums here if you wish.

p.s now i have to read all the proposals our friend posted above :P ...damn i think he asks me to make the next map editor or something :P

Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • vernam7, just few more points, broadening your assessment ... you have met some cool people, you have inspired others, the Charlemagne Maps (for what they are worth) would not exist were it not for the launcher, Blizzard are richer thanks to you (ie I would never have purchased StarCraft 2 were it not for your launcher, which is essential for my map making) ... it is part of life ... a hobby.

As for, you know, that person with the 1001 ideas - some serious potential there it would seem.

My wish list for the launcher, at some stage, are increased players, to 12 or even 16 and more color options.

As always, many thanks for the launcher!

PAX

opensource Starcraft 2 maps: http://www.chrisentiae.com/artypixelle/
    artist
    Battle.net
    Name:
    artypixelle
    Realm:
    Europe
  • merge your posts firend ;-)
    alright end of off topic then :) thanks for taking the time and effort to make it :)

back on topic, i was using the tool, and i got the new update of GT AI, and the AI page is starting to clog a bit. the thought occured to me to have a remove button? i dont know if that guy with the 50 requests has said this, but i thought i would throw that out there.

Private
    Battle.net
    Name:
    batlgor247@yahoo.com
    Realm:
    North America
  • galinn
    merge your posts firend ;-)
    alright end of off topic then :) thanks for taking the time and effort to make it :)

back on topic, i was using the tool, and i got the new update of GT AI, and the AI page is starting to clog a bit. the thought occured to me to have a remove button? i dont know if that guy with the 50 requests has said this, but i thought i would throw that out there.

approved for next release (actually users should remove them for now manually)

Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • Charlemagnevernam7, just few more points, broadening your assessment ... you have met some cool people, you have inspired others, the Charlemagne Maps (for what they are worth) would not exist were it not for the launcher, Blizzard are richer thanks to you (ie I would never have purchased StarCraft 2 were it not for your launcher, which is essential for my map making) ... it is part of life ... a hobby.

As for, you know, that person with the 1001 ideas - some serious potential there it would seem.

My wish list for the launcher, at some stage, are increased players, to 12 or even 16 and more color options.

As always, many thanks for the launcher!

PAX

sooner or later 12-16 will be in there. dont worry. and if the colors are less we will have to add more :)

Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe

New Reply

If you were logged in you would gain 3 XP for posting a reply.

Please respect our terms of use when participating in Nibbits.

Preview
Comment
We will show a masked version of your IP address as well as your name.

Support Nibbits by linking to us: